Here’s what you’ve been part of making happen just in the last 3 months:
* “My Name is Rachel Corrie,” a powerful production at GU with a full house & Craig & Cindy Corrie!
* Mothers & Families for Smart Justice founding meeting!
* Activist in Residence – the last of four workshops at EWU, with a total of over 500 student contacts and many great conversations with young folks passionate about social justice.
* “Arms of Compassion” around the NAACP
* International Women’s Day symposium outreach
* “Stand Against Racism” rally
* Chris Hedges exhorted the packed house at The Bing on the “moral imperative of revolt!”
* Smart Justice Spokane quarterly meeting with Center for Social Inclusion’s President Glenn Harris
* “Race: The Power of An Illusion” workshop with 100 folks, then the Train the Trainer with 42 amazing facilitators (pictured above)
* “Rise Up Singing” Opening Reception of our Action Conference, sponsored by Veterans for Peace
* Our 6th annual Peace & Economic Justice Action Conference featuring Judith LeBlanc’s “Fry Bread Theory of Social Justice” and super fantastic workshops!
* PJALS delegation in “No H8 Spokane” Unity March
* Police Accountability Coalition meeting with Police Ombudsman Commissioner Adrian Dominguez
* Earth Day outreach
* Peacekeeper training with organizers of May 1 Immigration March from M.E.Ch.A. de EWU
* PJALS delegation in May 1 Immigration March with M.E.Ch.A. de EWU leading!
* Young Activist Leaders workshops on “Organizing Our Selves & Our Work,” “Events that Kick A**,” “Public Speaking,” “Community Power Mapping,” and “Self-Care: Body, Mind, and Contemplation.”
* “Inside the Activist Studio: A Conversation with Winona LaDuke and Liz Moore” at EWU
* Welcomed St. George’s 2nd Grade class and helped them tour our block and learn about how our work relates to our community
* “Bread and Roses” Benefit Auction success!
THANK YOU! Your involvement and support makes a difference!
Tags: supporting PJALS