People Rise Up! A Community Invitation to Action
Saturday, Jan 21, 2pm – 5pm Community Building, 35 W. Main
Save the date & invite your friends! Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane and our partners are organizing our grassroots power action festival to say from day 1: We are paying attention, we are reaching out, we are mobilizing, we are turning up the heat! We believe in peace, human rights, respect & equality, racial justice, gender justice, economic justice — for ALL. And we’re not backing down, we’re surging up from our roots!
We feel the WHY of our commitment to take action — Come sharpen your skills for the WHAT and the HOW!
This FREE family-friendly, kid-welcoming event will feature:
* Soup & Bread Potluck! – come plug in your crock pot before the Women’s March if you want! Or just come eat! If you would like to contribute to the potluck, please contact Dena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Creative Activities for all ages! Bring your left brain!
* Action Bar with postcards, petitions, and more!
* Tips for Action – Experienced activist and leaders will share guidelines for effectiveness in actions like calling elected officials, difficult conversations, assertiveness and setting boundaries, bystander intervention, public speaking, recruiting & motivating others, planning collective actions, and lots more so we can all work at the edges of our comfort zones.
* What kind of Changemaker are you? How to find your role and play it with your strengths!
* Poetry, music, and speakers!