If Vice President Pence has his way, our future wouldn’t be far off from Margaret Atwood’s dystopian Handmaid’s Tale, a book that deeply terrified me at an early age. So we’re calling all Handmaids (and activists) to show up in solidarity against Pence’s patriarchal, white supremacist, militarist, hyper-theocratic agenda!!
PJALS can’t and doesn’t support or oppose any candidate or party (see our policy here). We do strongly oppose Vice President Mike Pence’s anti-gay, anti-refugee, anti-woman actions as former Governor of Indiana and as a partner in the Trump Administration.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!!!
Tuesday Oct 2, 4:00 – 6:00
Location: gather at 3:30 at the Community Building, walk at 4:00 to the Convention Center, we’ll be on Spokane Falls Blvd between Main and Bernard.
Share the Facebook event.
Join Spokane NOW, Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane, and Planned Parenthood Advocates of Greater Washington and North Idaho for this silent visual protest!
Spread far and wide! The more people we have participating, the bigger the impact. Blessed be the fruit!
There are many ways to participate in this event:
1. Wear your Handmaid’s cloak and bonnet to our silent, visual protest. Here are a few sources:
2. Wear red and white in solidarity with the Handmaids (if no cloak and bonnet available).
3. Donate money to help a Handmaid get their cloak – we have to order by Friday at the latest!
4. Donate your time to help other people create a Handmaid’s Tale cloak by sewing for them.
5. Make signs and hold them at the event or make signs for people who can make it if you’re unable.
Please email Autumn Reed (email@example.com) with your name and phone number. This is on a first-come, first-serve basis.