In recognition of some confusion around what “defund the police” is calling for, we wanted to provide some resources for you.
As an organization committed to supporting the leadership of those most impacted by the issues we work on, we want are following the leadership of the Movement for Black Lives (nationally) and Spokane Community Against Racism (locally).
- Movement for Black Lives (M4BL)– Defund the Police platform
- Interview with Patrisse Cullors, cofounder of the BLM movement, discussing police abolition
- Interview with the author of the book “The End of Policing”
- MPD150 is a community group based in Minneapolis that’s been working on defunding the Minneapolis Police Department for a while. This link is their FAQ page on it. Their website is a gold mine of information on defunding the police.
- Spokane Community Against Racism (SCAR) – Platform for Change