People Rise Up! A Community Invitation to Action
Saturday, Jan 21, 2pm – 5pm Community Building, 35 W. Main
Save the date & invite your friends! Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane and our partners are organizing our grassroots power action festival to say from day 1: We are paying attention, we are reaching out, we are mobilizing, we are turning up the heat! We believe in peace, human rights, respect & equality, racial justice, gender justice, economic justice — for ALL. And we’re not backing down, we’re surging up from our roots!
We feel the WHY of our commitment to take action — Come sharpen your skills for the WHAT and the HOW!
This FREE family-friendly, kid-welcoming event will feature:
* Soup & Bread Potluck! – come plug in your crock pot before the Women’s March if you want! Or just come eat! If you would like to contribute to the potluck, please contact Dena at [email protected].
* Creative Activities for all ages! Bring your left brain!
* Action Bar with postcards, petitions, and more!
* Tips for Action – Experienced activist and leaders will share guidelines for effectiveness in actions like calling elected officials, difficult conversations, assertiveness and setting boundaries, bystander intervention, public speaking, recruiting & motivating others, planning collective actions, and lots more so we can all work at the edges of our comfort zones.
* What kind of Changemaker are you? How to find your role and play it with your strengths!
* Poetry, music, and speakers!
Volunteers needed! Sign up here.