War is not the answer! US military intervention in Syria will lead to more bloodshed and deaths. Come join members of the PJALS, Veterans for Peace, and people from all over Spokane as we make our “NO WAR” position visible. ALL WELCOME!
Say NO to US War on Syria
Saturday August 31, 2:00 pm
Riverfront Park Fountain at Howard & Spokane Falls Blvd
Here are 5 ways you can ACT NOW:
- Spread the word on Facebook about Saturday’s rally or download & post this flier
- Join us to make signs Friday at 2pm in the Community Building Lobby, 35 W. Main. Bring your own materials or use ours.
- Donate to support this rapid response at www.pjals.org/contribute –all gifts appreciated!
- Sign these three petitions–and share them!
- Educate yourself with these useful articles below.
Petitions to Sign and share:
- Prevent an Attack on Syria Now–call for alternatives — from Roots Action
- Demand that no military action be taken in Syria without prior Congressional authorization! — from Win Without War
- NO U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTION IN SYRIA! — from Credo
- NEW: Iraq Veterans Against The War’s statement Against Military Force in Syria:So long as non-military avenues exist, we demand their use before war. According to current opinion-polls, the majority of Americans share our deep opposition to military intervention. As veterans, we know all too well the limitations of military action to bring meaningful resolution, and this is why we now call upon the U.S. and international community to exhaust every available non-military option to ensure that a cease-fire is diplomatically secured in Syria. We firmly believe that the Syrian people have the right to self-determination and that international leaders should work tirelessly to secure a space within which the Syrian people can pursue a lasting reconciliation free of outside interference.
- 10 simple points to help you understand the Syria conflict
- Syria: Another Western War Crime In The Making
- Bob Dreyfuss, The Nation: No War With Syria
- IPA: An Illegal War Forced on Syria That Benefits Al-Qaeda?
- Mairead Maguire: Syria: No Armaments to Rebels
- Phyllis Bennis: There is No Military Solution to Syria
- More from the Institute for Policy Studies