PJALS Benefit Auction: Saturday, May 14
Mark your calendars and plan to join us!
Our benefit auction will be in the airy and spacious Unitarian Universalist Church, 4340 West Fort George Wright Drive, located just west of the Mukogawa Fort George Wright entrance, near SFCC.
6:00 pm Silent auction and Dinner
7:30 Live Auction with our very own Larry Bernbaum!
Tickets $10 each or $15 for two; kids 12 and under free. Buy your tickets here! Or, call 509-838-7870 to RSVP.
Or, bring a fingerfood potluck item for free admission!
3 ways to have a great time at the Auction:
1. Plan ahead and pool your money: Bring your friends so they can help you place winning bids on group dinners, river or mountain getaways, or that organic beef or pork!
2. Bring the kids or grandkids: Children’s Room will include kid-friendly movies, popcorn, and games… but no licensed supervision! Kids 12 and under have free admission. Auction items for young people – kids gardening sets, poetry books, Silverwood tickets, scooters, and more.
3. Strategize – Know ahead of time which items you want: Favorites from previous auctions are still included, but we’ve got some great new items, as well: urban chicken farmer start-up package, delicious designer cupcakes, or organic pasture-fed beef and pork, Clark Fork and North Cascades overnight stays, Mexican meal basket, lunch with Liz, plus much, much more. Check out the highlights here and come early to check out the silent auction items.
And here… (drum roll)… is a sneak peek at what our wonderful donors and volunteers have put together for this year’s auction:
A. Activist’s on-the-fly Toolkit. Everything the activist needs to get up and go! From Rebecca Lamb. $50 value.
B. Handmade wooden toy: 14 Wheeler Truck and Trailer, made from oak. Handmade by Buell Hollister. $100 value.
C. Quillisascut Farm Gourmet Picnic Outing: Take a day trip for a guided tour and gourmet picnic at this culinary arts training site in Rice, WA. Also includes the book: “Chefs of the Farm: Recipes and Inspirations from the Quilliascut Farm School of the Domestic Arts.” $225 value.
D. Enjoy a picnic on the beautiful Little Spokane River for 4 with optional birdwatching or swimming, from Bart and Lindell Haggin. $100 value.
E. Newport Package: two tickets to Pend Oreille Valley Lavender Festival July 9-10; Wild Idea Bookstore & Gallery $25 gift certificate; Laughing Dragon massage; Tibetan Bowl sound therapy; Kitchen Shoppe Raspberry Sparkling Wine, Newport Naturals Iris Garden $20 gift certificate, Linda Karr Sil and Woll hand-painted scarf, and a grapefruit knife. $201 value.
F. Unique and Flavorful four-course Indian Dinner for Four: appetizer, main course, traditional side dishes, and dessert. Vegetarian, chicken, or lamb. From Mary Rupert. $200 value.
G. 1/2 of a pasture fed organic hog from Rocky Ridge Ranch, to be butchered in May. 75lbs of pork meat will include ham hock, pork chops, bacon, ribs, shoulder, sausage, and ham. $200 value.
H. Rustic Getaway on the beautiful Cle Elum River: Cabin, Outhouse, No Electricity (sleeps 4-6). From Dean Lynch. $200 value.
I. Handmade Quilt from Donna Hollister. $300 value. Reserve: $150.
J. Homemade cheesecake from Nancy Nelson. $25 value.
K. Lunch with Liz Moore for 2 at the Main Market. $30 value.
L. Wild Card.
M. Urban Chicken Coop Package: Starter set-up for urban chicken farming and consultation. Winner buys building materials. Mark Hamlin of Sustainable Structures will construct an Urban Chicken Coop for you! This package also includes “City Chicks” and info on coop plans, a chicken starter kit and an Urban Chicken Farming Consultation with Betsy Rush and Councilman Richard Rush where you will learn facts and lore. From Mark Hamlin and Rebecca Lamb. $100 value.
N. Lunch with City Councilwoman Amber Waldref for 2-4. $100 value. Starting bid: $50
O. 1 night stay at the Davenport Hotel or Tower. Expires Aug. 31. Black-out dates: June 24&25, Aug. 26&27, and all Saturdays. From Rebecca Lamb and Greg Lahti. $200 value.
P. Trailhead Picnic Dinner and drinks for up to 6 people. Within two hours of Spokane, we come to you with our VW Camper Kitchen, outdoor chairs and tables and perhaps a bug shelter. From Lew and Marilynne Wilson. $300 value.
Q. 1/8 of a side of pasture fed organic beef from Lazy R Ranch, including steaks, roasts, hamburger, bones, short ribs, stew meat. $200 value.
R. Dinner and Sailing: dinner and evening sail for 2 on a 24-foot sailboat on Lake Pend Oreille ID. From Bree and Doug Reynolds. $100 value.
S. Freezer Locker for 3 months; holds about 75 pounds of meat. From Main Market. $30 value.
T. Weekend getaway in a rustic cabin with Diamond Lake access. No running water, port-a-potty toilet, electricity available. Canoe and Kayak available for use. Trailer sleeping for 3, treehouse can sleep 2-3. From Louise Chadez. $100 value. Starting bid: $50
U. North Cascades getaway: 2 nights at Rivers Edge Resort in Winthrop. Cabin includes private hot tub. Date restrictions. from Rivers Edge Resort. $280 value.
V. Wild Card.
W. Micronesian/South Pacific dinner for 4 from Bree & Doug Reynolds. Enjoy a tropical dinner of foods commonly eaten the Northern Mariana Islands in Micronesia, on the shores of Lake Roosevelt or at an arranged location. $160 value.
X. Washington Wines rack from PJALS’ Steering Committee members. $175 value.
Y. Six-pack of beer and soda from PJALS’ staff, interns and VISTAS. $12 value. Starting bid: $6
Z. Geodesic Dome: Spend two nights in this unique and beautiful structure among the quiet of the cedar, fir and pine. Wander Laughing Creek and listen to the birds. Perfect for a personal retreat or a family getaway. North of Colville. From Mike Nuess. $200 value.
ZA. Lunch for two with Senate Majority Leader Lisa Brown. $100 value.
ZB. Paella dinner for 4-8. This very hearty dinner will include paella, bread, salad, Sangria (fruit and wine cooler) and homemade ice cream. From Dennis Medina. $150 value.
ZC. Cabin on Clark Fork River: Two nights’ stay in cabin that sleeps 8, right on the river in Clark Fork, ID. 2 hr. drive from Spokane. From Steve Yach. $300 value.
ZD. Four 1-hour passes from Sky High Sports: tramplines, dodgeball, foam pit, kids’ court, arcade games, pool tables, music, tv and more! Good M-Th only. $40 value.
ZE. Persian dinner for 8: a feast to remember for a one thousand and one nights, from Shahrokh Nikfar. $500 value. Reserve: $400.
ZF. Gift Certificate from Celebration Cupcakes, $35 value. Choose from 20+ Flavors. From Celebration Cupcakes. $35 value.
1. “They Dare to Speak Out ” by Paul Findley from Marianne Torres. $18.94 value
2. Graphic novel: Generalissimo el Busho, Essays and Cartoons on the Bush Years from Merlyn’s. $21.98 value
3. Book on CD read by Rusty Nelson “Apache Blood” from Rusty Nelson. $24.98 value
4. Graphic book for child, “Yo Gabba Gabba! from Meryln’s. $7.99 value
5. Book on CD, “Union Pacific”, by Paul Colt, read by Rusty Nelson from Rusty Nelson. $31.98 value
6. Writer’s toolbox: Books “The Writer’s Journey”, “The First Five Pages”, “Showing and Telling”, “Anybody Can Write”, “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Creative Writing”, “The Writer’s Toolkit”, and additional items from Roseanne Lasater. $150 value
7. Books on Tape, “Out of Season” by Steven Havill, Read by Rusty Nelson from Rusty Nelson. $19.94 value
8. Road Grader made from birch, handmade by Buell Hollister. $50 value
9. Model T Truck with water tank, handmade by Buell Hollister. $50 value
10. Farm tractor with implements, handmade by Buell Hollister. $50 value
11. Build and Roll wooden marble track from Kuzuri. $52 value
12. Heavy duty trick skooter, Micro XT from Michael Poulin. $260 value
13. Heavy duty trick skooter, Micro XT from Michael Poulin. $260 value
14. Young People’s Poetry Book set from Rebecca Lamb. $85 value
15. Child’s gardening package for 4-6 year-old: Insect Lore, Willard the Spider watering can, two hand tools, kneeling pad, and “Jack’s Garden” from Rebecca Lamb and Greg Lahti. $40 value
16. “Poetry for Youth” set of books from Rebecca Lamb and Greg Lahti. $35 value
17. Child’s gardening package for 3-5 year-old: Two colorful garden hand tools, metal bucket, and “The Reason for a Flower” from Rebecca Lamb and Greg Lahti. $40 value
18. Silverwood day pass for two, from Silverwood. $88 value
19. Kids Konserve Lunch Kit: Reuseable waste-free lunch kit from Sun People Dry Goods. $39.95 value
20. Gift certificate good at either Wall Street Diner or Europa. $40 value
21. Gift certificate good at either Europa or Wall Street Diner. $40 value
22. Gift certificate from Pacific Ave. Pizza. $25 value
23. Gift certificate from Pacific Ave. Pizza. $25 value
24. Gift certificate to Red Lion BBQ. $30 value
25. Performance of the not-quite-full Harmonic Orchestra from Greg Youmans. $60 value
26. Gift certificate from nYne. $25 value
27. Two tickets for any Festival at Sandpoint show during the 2011 season, Aug 4-14, from Festival at Sandpoint. $100 value
28. Four Upper Box tickets to a Spokane Indians game after June 1, 2011 from Spokane Indians Baseball. $40 value
29. 2 tickets to Nov. 30 presentation of “A Christmas Carol” at the Spokane Civic Theatre and a $25 gift certificate to Charley’s Grill & Spirits, from R.S.V.P. Retired Service Volunteer Program and Charley’s Grill & Spirits. $85 value
30. 15 $5 gift cards from Arabesque Bread. $75 value
31. Gift Certificate for two free Breakfasts at the Chalet from Chalet. $20 value
32. El Mercado del Pueblo package. $40 value
33. Main Market Pasta Dinner from Main Market. $75 value
34. Coffee for 2-5 with Mayor Verner. Priceless.
35. Moore Honey from Wild Rose Apiaries. $13 value
36. 1 pound of coffee a month for 1 year from Roast House Coffee. $120 value
37. From “The Three Red Hot Rebecca’s”: voucher for fresh homemade salsa “on call”; two small watercolor prints (chilis, tomatoes and chili); and CD of Latin jazz from Rebecca Smith, Becky Rogers, Rebecca Lamb. $60 value
38. Gift certificates for you and your guest to attend a Saturday Wine Tasting from Vino Wine Shop. $20 value
39. Wine and Chocolate Basket from Peace Coeur d’Alene. $60 value
40. Catered dinner for four at your home: Fettuccini primavera, bread, salad and dessert from Leah Chilberg. $100 value
41. 2 large homemade cream pies. Choice of banana, chocolate, coconut or combination, from Rebecca Lamb. $25 value
42. Gift card from Desert Jewels Nursery, specializing in xeric plants. $25 value
43. Strawberry plants from Linda Greene. $30 value
44. 3 hours of yardwork from Linda Greene. $75 value
45. Gift certificate from Northland Rosarium. $25 value
46. Gift certificate from aNeMonE. $50 value
47. Bread & Pizza Baker’s package: oven peel; herbs; basket; dipping oil and serving dishes from an anonymous donor. $50 value
48. Wooden birdhouse handmade by Buell Hollister. $50 value
49. Cooking Pot from La Chamba, Columbia, from Kuzuri. $80 value
50. Enginering services: Road design and hydraulics. Includes site vist, minor surveying, plans/drawings and help getting project through agency approval process. Limit of 20-30 hours of combined time. From licensed professional engineers who have never been jailed for engineering crimes Greg Lahti and Marc Whitman. $600 value
51. Recipe File Notebook with inserts and file cards from Rebecca Lamb and Greg Lahti. $30 value
52. Stained glass panel and wine basket from Vickie Scott-Woodley. $50 value
53. Dog Lover’s Basket from Linda Krogh. $50 value
54. Cat Lover’s Basket from Erica Scott. $40 value
55. $10 gift certificate for Sew Easy Too and “Knitting for Good: A Guide to Creating Personal, Social, and Political Change Stitch by Stitch” from Sew Easy Too and an anonymous donor. $24 value
56. Soap basket from Green Castle Soaps. $40 value
57. Pottery from Luis Montano. $200 value
58. Necklace: peyote stitch tube on leather with a natural shell from Christa Smith “Be Adorned Jewelry.” $56 value
59. Sorelli Swarovski crystal necklace (4 split strands) from Rebecca Lamb. $125 value
60. Sorelli Swarovski crystal chandelier earrings, from Rebecca Lamb. $100 value
61. Tabra “Desert Hoops” earrings. Sterling silver, carved Carabao Bone and Paua Shell, signed, from Rebecca Lamb. $225 value
62. Gialactic Flower Bracelet with Swarovski Crystals from Rings n’ Things. $60 value
63. Gialactic Flower Earrings with Swarovski Crystals and Sterling from Rings n’ Things. $36 value
64. Pearls and Garnet Cuff with garnets and freshwater pearls from Rings n’ Things. $120 value
65. Sterling Silver and Glass Bead Bracelet from Rings n’ Things. $45 value
66. 2 necklaces, 1 pin, 1 magnet from Torn Retina Productions. $40 value
67. 2 necklaces, 1pair of earrings, 1 pin, 1 magnet from Torn Retina Productions. $40 value
68. 2 necklaces, 1 pair of earrings, 1 pin, 1 magnet from Torn Retina Productions. $40 value
69. 1 necklace, 1 whimsey, 1 pair of earrings, 1 pin from Torn Retina Productions. $40 value
70. Mystery Item!
71. 8 Tai Chi classes from Alan McFarland and Birgitt Krause. $50 value
72. Gift certificate to Alicia’s Hair from Leah Childberg. $40 value
73. Rick Singer photography gift certificate good for Portrait session (Senior, family or High School); custom framing; restoration or private instruction from Rick Singer photography. $75 value
74. Reiki Session from Roseanne Lasater. $60 value
75. Free Chiropractic Exam plus 1 free adjustment and one hour massage. Exam includes: consultation, X-Rays and EMG from University Chiropractic. $350 value
76. One massage session from Sheila Fox, LMP. $60 value
77. Two T-shirts from Boo Radley’s/Atticus. $35 value
78. 1 year KYRS membership ($35 value), KYRS t-shirt, KYRS water bottle and button from KYRS. $55 value