We are are excited to announce our 2021 Virtual Benefit: Breathing In Community: Healing, Transformation, Joy. Please join us!
Why should you RSVP and mark your calendar now? Here are five reasons:
- Eric K Ward is returning as our keynote speaker! Eric is the director of Western States Center, a thought-leader and organizer with deep experience countering white nationalism, antisemitism, and structural inequality, towards a world where everyone can live, love, work, and worship free from bigotry and fear.
- Ivy Pete will share her experience as a PJALS Youth Organizer!
- Jac Archer and other PJALS leaders and partners will speak about urgent issues in our community.
- Adrian Murillo, PJALS Organizer, will deliver to us a poem, which all our hearts all need, on our theme: Breathing in Community: Healing, Transformation, Joy
- There is no cost to attend – guests will have the opportunity to give. This is our largest and most important benefit of the year — your participation will fuel grassroots organizing and activist education!
Wednesday, May 19th, 6:00pm Social time, 6:30pm Program
In our Peace and Justice Action League community, we believe everyday people can accomplish extraordinary things together. For more than 45 years, we have organized for racial equity, economic justice, peace, and human rights. As we continue to build a movement to transform systems and strengthen community, part of our calling is to create room to breathe, heal, and embrace joy.
At Peace and Justice Action League’s (PJALS) Breathing In Community: Healing, Transformation, Joy Virtual Benefit, members, donors, and new friends will get the opportunity to be part of a movement for peace and justice. Guests will hear firsthand how we work together to expose and transform systems of hate, violence, exclusion and oppression to build a just and nonviolent world and create a culture of love and belonging.
We are excited to announce our Keynote Speaker, Eric Ward from Western States Center
Eric is a nationally-recognized expert on the relationship between authoritarian movements, hate violence, and preserving inclusive democracy, Eric brings over 30 years of leadership in community organizing and philanthropy to his roles as Western States Center’s Executive Director and Senior Fellow with Southern Poverty Law Center and Race Forward. Since Eric took the helm in 2017, Western States Center has become a national hub for innovative responses to white nationalism, antisemitism, and structural inequality, towards a world where everyone can live, love, work, and worship free from bigotry and fear.
There is no cost to attend – guests will have the opportunity to donate to PJALS largest fundraising event.
Event Sponsor: Community Building Foundation
Keynote Sponsor: Spokane Community Against Racism
Growing Our Movement:
Strengthening Our Work:
Just Lead Washington
Spokane Regional Labor Council AFL-CIO
Faith Action Network
Five ways to support our Spring Fund Drive & Annual Benefit today:
- Host a Virtual Table for you and your friends year. Sign up here and find the Table Host Packet here.
- If you are unable to host a table but want to attend, you can reserve a spot for you and your household here.
- If you are unable to attend this year but want to make a donation to support our Spring Fund Drive, you can easily do so here.
- Sponsor the Benefit as an individual or business. You can find more information here.
- Share and invite your friends with our Facebook event.
We hope to see you at this exciting event on May 19th!