Because of PJALS members like you, it’s been a great year–and we’re ending it with a great opportunity: our generous friends at the Smith-Barbieri Progressive Fund have teamed up with member donors to match all gifts made before midnight December 31, up to $3600. I know you already appreciate the work that PJALS does, so I’m hoping you’ll take advantage of this offer to double the value of your gift.
Here is what a long-time member and a new member tell us about what PJALS means to them:
I am grateful that PJALS has been a steadfast voice for peace and justice in our region for over thirty years. While our members are diverse, we have stood together in city hall demanding police accountability, marched in the streets for peace and economic justice, and have held candles at midnight when the state executes one of its own. During these times, I never fail to be moved by my deep feelings of kinship for my PJALS compatriots.
–Maurina Ladich, attorney
Miraculous work comes out of PJALS. PJALS is a beehive of activity, accomplishing changes for the good of community with limited resources, faithful volunteers, and coalition allies across eastern Washington. The work carried out here at PJALS was a breath of fresh air to me as a new resident. I’m grateful it exists and wish to see it thrive to answer to injustices and create possibilities.
— Deb Svoboda, new member of PJALS Steering Committee and EWU Professor of Social Work and Women’s & Gender Studies
This year, because of the support of members like you, we have great successes to celebrate:
- We’re supporting inspiring young social justice organizers in our Young Activist Leaders program!
- We stood strong together for peace and against war on Syria.
- We won a 70% Yes vote for Police Accountability in February–and we won’t settle for less than independent investigations!
We’re excited to work together with you to fuel more change in the year ahead:
- Organizing with the Smart Justice Campaign for alternatives to incarceration!
- Mobilizing with members like you to fully fund education and lifeline programs for struggling families.
- Engaging more and more everyday people for “Money for People, Not for War” –It’s time to turn away from militarism, cut the Pentagon budget, and fully fund human needs!
Gifts from generous people like you make our work together possible. Always, our most unwavering source of support is the community, and that means you.
Will you join hundreds of families across our region in supporting our work together with a year-end donation to PJALS? Thanks to generous member donors and the Smith-Barbieri Progressive Fund, every gift pledged or given before midnight on December 31st will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $3600!
With PJALS’ lean and efficient budget, every gift is important, at every level! Please give at www.pjals.org/contribute.
Thank you for supporting our work together for economic justice, peace, and human rights!
–Liz, Shar, and the PJALS Steering Committee